Monday, May 4, 2009

Hunger

Nothing quenches your thirst like water or your hunger like your favorite meal, sh.t any meal at that point...but in life, most things aren't as satisfying and nourishing. There are insatiable cravings that no man, woman, occupation or location can feed. Some appetites are eternal, searching the whole globe for adequate nourishment. This need to fulfill a void that we sometimes cannot even define lays the groundwork for infidelity, deceit, jealousy, persistence and a plethora of other emotions.

My personal cravings take me on a wild search seeking something unique in others, whether it's in their kiss, in their arms or their bed. I find myself searching in places where the sun can't even shine. My appetite has taken me through bad relationships, caused bad relationships and even made good ones, but what I have lost in the process is in no comparison to the things that I've gained.

My wisdom trumps my insecurity and my self esteem overrides my shame. In a million broken pieces, I am made whole constantly hungry for all that life has to give, even the ones that aren't mine.

No comments: