Friday, June 5, 2009

angry women are the best kind

I can't get you out of my head...and all I wanna do is talk about you like black girls do in hair salons over rollers, weaves and jerri curls I just wanna spill my guts about the time we made love on the kitchen counter, the shower and your roommate's bed I just wanna regurgitate the memories over my PORCELAIN GOD and settle my stomach and my thoughts I wanna discuss our pillow talk and our love over martinis and 40s I wish they knew how you tore my insides up with your false promises and your colorful hopes
And I wish sex was tattooed on your skin so it could last forever. AAAHHH! Ha ha ha... Same letters, different order and different meanings. Our attraction is so frugal. It won't take us the rest of the way
And I look at you lying next to me, I don't feel like this is the end of the road for us But who's gonna drive? Cuz I'm TIRED. I'm sleepy tonight. Too sleepy to make love. It's a dish best served fresh and this routine has gotten old.
You hold on to me as I reach out to you but I'm too tired to reach out tonight baby. I just wanna close my eyes But I've stayed awake so long because I was afraid you'd be gone by the time I blinked I'm a dreamer that can't even sleep. Ouch. I can't even sing this pain away. Humming will do for now. We are opposites, reflections of one another. How could you be so cold when I keep you so warm? Your silence tells me more than your moans and I know this CD is on repeat. This is the outro. Her lips are on your cover and my tears are your lyrics. We kiss tears for an hour and thirty minutes. I just wanna say thank you to my manager. What's 10% of heartbreak? You. -TLloyd

No comments: