Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sneak Peek!!!

I hope you enjoy my journey.  I thank you for being here.  Here's something I'm working on praying that God flows through me to complete this book by November.  Hold me accountable.  I love you.

It is a shameful thing to be a woman, to have curves men have put their noses to or to have lips that not enough prayers floated from.  There is a shame that comes with being a woman, that comes with a vagina, that comes with breasts too often times, not nourishing enough to our own offspring.  I find that, I am too ashamed to cry sometimes, too ashamed to show someone the wounds sometimes.  Like slavery is two dollars in my back pocket, not enough currency to buy me anything but just enough to let me know that it exists out there.  Sometimes being a woman is very shameful.  We lose ourselves all the time.  Every month, our blood rushes out of us like secrets between children on a playground and we hide that.  No, I'm not PMSing, but maybe I will say I am if that means you don't blame me for being emotional.

I'll tell you this, I wore shame like blush.  Wore men's cologne so much that I became unfamiliar to my own skin's scent.  I answered phone calls like they were from Jesus himself when it was just the devil knocking on my walls.  And I forgave him each time, telling myself that he was an angel once.  Isn't that how we describe the bad men in our lives? - "Oh girl, at the beginning he was so good to me."  And now you see, that God is still at war, ages later with the same devil that bowed at his throne once.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

November can't get here fast enough!!! So proud of you Tass! Keep it coming, we are definitely listening and waiting. Love ya, Niney :-)

Tdotcarter said...

Love this! Cant wait until November

Mr Jackson said...

Wow T Lloyd I can honestly say I'm impressed I knew u were. Poetic but this is good can't wait til its complete and published Ill buy the 1st. Copy