Wednesday, April 14, 2010

it's about time...

i went on a date!


and the exclamation point does not insinuate my excitement but rather how proud i am that i actually did it.

---->
figured that shirt was too low cut.
didn't want him glancing at my goodies.
actually i did.
but i'm a lady.
and he's a grown ass man.
so i lost the shirt. 
and figured the smile could stay.



i kept it simple.
from my makeup, to my outfit.
and straight over to my expectations.
we laughed. a lot.
took a walk. a long walk.
in my stilettos. 
i gather he was worth it.
talked about my mom, his mom and our career goals.

talked about broken bones.
left out the part about broken hearts.

talked about religion.
we're the same denomination.
laughed about celibacy.
did not laugh about motorcycle injuries.

he's a smart ass.
but i wouldn't date a dumb ass. 
so i got smart.
he put me in my place.
as long as he knows i have one.

we didn't kiss.
and that's ok.

---->
i'm serious.
about dating.
in a non serious way.

No comments: