Sunday, April 8, 2012

Speak your piece/peace, I'm listening...


An entirely new dimension has been added by your reading of the poem. I felt it so much more as your words cut through my being. Amazing! on Ice --Aisha H.

Ahhhhhhhhhh! Thank you. It's so rare that I "perform" anything.  Some people think I just simply don't perform or that I can't.  It's really neither of those things.  I  really have to be in a deep, deep, deep place to let someone hear the vulnerability in my voice.  I'm just not that open.  Shoutout to everyone who is though.  But this piece in particular was screaming itself out of me.  I just kept hearing it recited in my head over and over so I decided to post it.  I think it definitely adds a new dimension to not only the words but to who I am.  I like to give readers the free will to interpret, which is why I hardly "perform."  I don't really like when my voice tells you how to feel or tells you which direction to go in BUT this piece was non negotiable.  I was in some pain, girl and I had to get it out of my own head!  Thanks my love!


No comments: