Tuesday, June 22, 2010



being born a creative spirit has been frightening.  it's a terrifying experience to know that my survival (mind, body and spirit) is dependent on dying a little bit each time. it's a scary thought to know that i will never be a doctor or a lawyer, the tangible successes that are admired. it's terrifying that my success, the tangible kind, the kind that sells off the shelves, is completely dependent on you giving a f.ck.  and i'm sure my parents wish i had eight degrees, doctorates, a firm or a practice but that's never been me and not that those aren't beautiful things but they just aren't beautiful to me.

this speech above moved me.  i need to read her book, EAT, PRAY, LOVE, that's coming out as a movie in August 2010 starring Julia Roberts.  It's based on a true story. Isn't all creativity?

No comments: