Tuesday, June 22, 2010

white zinfandel


after five cups of wine diluting the conversation of once-lovers and now friends, i purged. literally. all hail my porcelain god with my buffalo chicken salad and my regrets for relationships that could have been but weren’t.  lying on the floor in nothing but my panties, it was clear to me that i had ended up where i had started.  i'm starting to believe that love never leaves you. i was about to say 'true love' but true and love in my mind, are synonymous so why be redundant?  but what really concerns me is the idea that if love never leaves, why we can't manage to stay.

i wonder how long a first love matters and how much are we willing to risk for the 'grand' first love.  do we ever outgrow the baby steps? will the butterflies fly away? 

i'm not gonna go as far to say that i want a crystal ball or anything like that, but i just wanna know if i can ever love anyone else with you loving me? one more thing, if you never let me go, how can i?

No comments: