Thursday, June 17, 2010

feed me


i couldn't wait to get out of the shower to write this piece. bear with me.
the breeze moves between us to bless this union 
and not even mangoes can compete with how sweet his lips are
thunder rolls calmly like my hips to his 
and you can light a match with our lightning
we move to rhythms of a song we played a long time ago
as we repeat the notes, the melody has never lost its star power
we sell out...of our souls for a moment so close our fingerprints melt
in a place where identities don't matter
because it's not who you are, it's who you've become
he's a hard pill to swallow
curing me from the sickness of being addicted to him
he's always been a dichotomy of flavors
on the tip of my tongue, holding my speech and tingling my taste buds
i can taste him in my dreams
but he consumes me
nourishing himself from the thickest parts of me
my thighs, these hips, the small of my back, this soul
i digest these moments 
each moment
with hot sauce and pray for the heartburn

No comments: