Sunday, January 3, 2010

favorite love scenes

Rosario Dawson and Will Smith in Seven Pounds

her: let's play the what if game...what if I get a heart? what if I have time?
him: What if we have kids? What if we get married? I love you.
her: I love you.


(you're going to have to catch it on OnDemand...i tried)

Keira Knightley and James McAvoy in Atonement
some love runs so deep that not even distance and time can break the bond


Sanaa Lathan and Omar Epps in Love and Basketball
her: play me
him: for what?
her: your heart


I think it's rare to capture love on a screen for thousands when it's only meant for two people.
the beauty of something intangible made tangible through art, seduction and passion honestly
leaves me baffled. I can't help but wonder that if my moments of vulnerability were captured,
would my body be that honest or that beautiful? Would my love be brutal or kind? Could the
viewers taste my willingness to become a part of another human being? Could you see how
deep my love went or could you hear it in my moans? Could my love be captured for the world to
see in flashes across a screen? I can't imagine the most intimate part of me being
broadcasted but I do find comfort in knowing that every love, no matter how similar is unique
in its own right.

make love. just be sure to gather 
the right ingredients first. smooches.

No comments: