Sunday, January 10, 2010

love conquers all?

it's been embedded in our minds that love conquers all. newsflash, it doesn't. love brings you to the front door of the rest of your life. love gives you the hope to stick it out. but it is patience that reminds you to stay calm. it is compassion that compels you to keep giving even when you think you have nothing left to give. it is trust that keeps you believing in a person when the whole world tells you not to.

if love doesn't need titles then why do we? are we so worried about pleasing society that pleasing our partner escapes us? Does the word title ease the pain? Does the title make you hold him a little tighter before you leave for work in the morning? Or does the title make you feel a little more secure? Does it make him more loyal in reality or only in your head?

Here's what I'm saying. I'm more worried about loving you, because I'm the only one who won't call you my boyfriend. I just call you by your name.

No comments: