Monday, March 21, 2011

world poetry day

i missed you
i heard today is world poetry day so i had to write about you
like sheet music to a melody, you kinda gave birth to this talent of mine
that's what they call it
all i'm doing is talking about you
the things we did
where we've been
and there's a nobel peace prize somewhere designated to loves like ours
this talent of mine
that muse you are
the lovers we were under distant moons
full, bright moons that pulled us in closer than tides to summer's shores
i missed you
under constellations playing connect the dots with our dreams
my kids
your white picket fence
our sides of the bed
i could look at you and see the earth move
watch it rotate in your pupils and see the sun rise over the horizon of your eyelashes
to them, you are a man
to me, you are poetry
stanzas running through my veins
haikus between my thighs
and parentheses that wrap around the very outcome of our creativity
you are bundles of words from late nights, from warm showers, from affairs we couldn't deny
you are paragraphs of insomnia
keeping me up as your fingertips once danced in my hair and your nose grazed over my cheekbones
i can still smell you in my journals
flipping pages of memories fresh from the binds of a love i've been trying to describe from a dictionary that no one has updated
i loved you in that time
i wrote from your flesh
i spoke from your tongue
i remember you
like unicorns in my dreams and rainbows in my sleep
i just want them to know how real you were
how sincere your love was to my art
how giving your kisses were to my craft
how demanding your love was of my life
i missed you
and today is world poetry day
so i decided to bring you back to life if only for the moment that a person takes to read this
to breathe this
to leave this
you are real
and today is your birth...day
i am sincerely thankful that you, no matter where you are, can be heard, can be read, can be felt by someone other than me because you are poetry
and today is your day
i am paying a humble homage to my extraordinary muse
i bow in the presence of your greatness

No comments: