Sunday, July 22, 2012

Speak your piece/peace, I'm listening...


This is the poem that will take your writing to the next level. WOW!!!!!! The sincerity I felt the wisdom in the words and the intentional meaning blew me away. You know of all I am a big fan but also hard to impress let alone blow away but you hit the nail directly on the head with this one. I would put this poem up there with Mother to Son...TASS I am proud to know you and even more bless to know your mini me. Knowing that I may have affected you and her in some way is mind boggling but a great feeling - written by Q. on I Had to Teach My Daughter...

Thank you my loooooooooooooove. Most people don't know I took my daughter to work, to class, everywhere.  They also forget when I had to live without her. It easy to say I shelter her or I'm too overprotective but few people remember when no one wanted her, when everybody said I would fail.  Few people were even there to notice the depression and the guilt I faced.  It was because of the few people that helped me that she's gotten this far, people like you.  In fact, you had to teach me who God was all over again because I was so lost.  I didn't grow up with soldiers ready to fight for me and even now I have barely a handful so I'm grateful, not just for having them (you) but for also teaching me how to be that for her.  That little girl has no idea how blessed her journey is.  I will be many things to her, I will have to know her potential and still be realistic.  I will have to be her mother under fire, criticism, loneliness, struggle and hypocrisy but she is so worth it.  So thank you for being proud of me.  It reassures me that everything on my path was meant for me, including you.  I love you.