Friday, July 20, 2012

The Conquering

I love the book Eleven Minutes by Paolo Coelho.  It taught me so much about myself and the relationships I was enduring.  I'm not going to ruin the book for you but I do believe that before anyone enters a relationship, they should read this book.  


"Knowing that your body would never be mine alone, I had to concentrate on conquering your soul."


I'm finally finding peace in loving you while sitting still.  I could have sexed you into marriage, into commitment, into something that felt real.  But eventually the throbbing stops, the sweat slows down and kisses feel like regular hands holding each other.  Sex was the crash.  The love making was the healing.  And I heard that it's going to hurt until it's healed.  So leave me here in this pain.  Bang into my bones with your silence. Keep the red sea between us. I'm tired of drowning into you, I'm tired of giving you the love your mother was too bitter to sculpt.  If I learn that unconditional love requires patience and is buried in the concept that you do not belong to me, then I will take this hiatus with nothing but courage.  Mark my dog tags with the note that I loved you more than anybody walking this planet.  I have conquered the soul.  I have neglected the body.  I didn't fall victim to the flesh, to the scent of your skin to the shape of your eyes.  I love them all but I do not lust after them and it is because of that simple fact that you are a blessed man.  Rich with the spirit of a quiet woman, a virtuous queen. 


It is not my love that will win the battle.  Love is the war. 



No comments: