Monday, December 28, 2009

alma mater.

the bff and I sitting across from each other wearing the hoodies of prestigious universities. but one thing is apparent, the best of college happens outside the classroom. I can't remember half the classes I took, but I remember the guys I liked, the times I cried, every road trip, every blizzard and I remember every single time we laughed so hard we cried.

most important, the friends I made in college grew with me. We learned to love and we learned how not to. we witnessed the first black president, we had babies, we lost babies, we got high and we certainly felt low.

as we look frazzled from the weeks events, the truth is we will make it through this like we always do. i'm not sure how and i'm not sure when but moving on is what we do. it's the only way we can look back on the pain and laugh it off.

2009 was rough, but 2010 has a 50/50 chance of being better.

No comments: