Tuesday, December 8, 2009

his phone died. twitter brought him back to me.

Last night, my boo's, significant other's, boy whose laundry is mixed in with mine, whatever you want to call him - his phone died. Earlier in the day I had talked to him briefly but by the time I got home to work on my wiki (shameless academic plug) I realized I had not talked to him since. So I called concerned and it went straight to voicemail.

A few hours later I updated my status on twitter to say, "I have made up a whole mafia kidnapping to explain @my_boyfriend's disappearance only 2 realize he has night class @ ambler." It was my way of saying, I'm worried but not scared. Not but five minutes later, he replies to me on twitter"@t_lloyd Check your direct messages."

On a wild search to find out what was going on, he simply stated, "@t_lloyd My phone died and I was in class, what r u doin?" Like an addict to this social network, I delightfully explained, "@my_boyfriend I'm at home working on my project." Three minutes later he replies "@t_lloyd, i'm about to come over, I'll beep the horn three times so you can open the door."

Needless to say, he made it home without a phone. Thank you twitter.

*@my_boyfriend - lack of a better word. im just diggin his style and i don't think there's a term for that.

No comments: