Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Erykah

I've been gone for a while so I felt like I owed you something…


Now….
What am I supposed to do when I want you in my world?
Oh Erykah
Like you speak his name into the ridges of my fingers
Into the pores in my thighs 
From the soles of a ballet dancer's feet
I'm weary and I want to fall into his arms tonight
I want to make love in nouns and verbs
In moans and sighs
In exhales sweeter than molasses in Georgia's heat
How can I want you for myself when I'm already someone's girl?
I guess I'll see you next lifetime
When the moon collides with the sun in the dark sky 
When the stars swim in shallow waters
With the planets dancing at our wedding
Lord, I want to love him into existence
I want to love him into evolution
Every single time
Every single day
Every single night 
Until the fish kiss the smile of birds flying into the oasis of my waiting womb, my endearing palms, my loving lips
I guess I will, I guess I will or I guess, I will, I guess, I will
I guess he loves me in the rhythm of the rolling earth
I will myself to love him like the wind graces each and every continent without ever asking for a thank you
Without ever expecting a gift in return
Dry your eyes
Please don't cry
I could love him into ecstasy
I could love him into a numbing pain just so he can feel again
Now what am I supposed to do when I'm already someone else's girl?
Love him in the quiet parts, in between the whites of my scalp
Underneath the wrapping of my gold skin
On the inside of my bottom lip
I plan to love him like I was born for this sh.t

No comments: