Saturday, December 10, 2011

Where honesty hides

don't get used to this


I believe in gratitude
That the separation of bad decisions, mistakes and progress are just one apology away
That hope lies in quiet spaces and growth, in loud minds
I believe that making love ends arguments
And that my silence may trigger your anger but it's not a trigger under pressed flesh with the intent to kill
I remember when you lied to me
About who you are and what you won't do
You weren't about love and you weren't about forgiveness
But here you come scratching at my door with returned phone calls, anger in your voice and soft hands on my breasts
You said you didn't believe in forgiveness but you answer the phone, you show up and you kiss me like it's the first time when it's supposed to be the last time
You want me to shut the f.ck up then give. me. something. to. think. about.
You want me to feel secure then put a lock on this
You want me without admitting you have me
Let's understand that your anger is not your love even though your love can make you angry
And it only makes you angry because the one thing you want eternally cannot live forever
Humans were not built for that
We have graves waiting for us to welcome us home
And we're made of flesh that will eventually melt away
Though our spirits flash traits of being eternal, that's fool's gold
Pardon my presumption that you are a better man

No comments: