Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Speak your piece/peace, I'm listening...

Has the spark changed since I was 20? My spark was no drama! He showed up, the butterflies fluttered down my arms in full view, my heart hammered in my chest, my toes curled, my back arched like a cat ready to pounce. He stroked my back, I purred contentedly. He held my hand as he drove and with all the buzz around us there were only the two of us. He would have given me the world but that would have made me unhappy. Instead, we walked along the ocean's edge at sundown. Earlier that day he drove for two hours so that I could have pancakes. I'm truly blessed. I got the spark, I got the nice guy. Thank God, I was too foolish to know, so, I enjoyed the ride. My fairytale, my reality. Thank you for the reminder - Anonymous on Looking for the Spark

Can I just tell you that I sat in the car for about ten minutes reading this to the very person who inspired this post?  Your story, your life is well written and I'm in awe of your journey and the fact that you even shared it with me & the rest of VirginFingertips.  My favorite line is "I was too foolish to know, so I enjoyed the ride." I've been trying to enjoy the ride for at least ten years now and you make me want to get it right.  I thank you.  I appreciate you.  And I am ever so grateful to the universe that you got your nice guy but more importantly that your nice guy got you! 

No comments: