Wednesday, February 23, 2011

storyteller

I believe the Bible is the greatest story ever written and I wish Noah’s ark had a little more room for me.  I have beliefs that only belong in the crevices of worn journals stuffed behind nightstands hiding from concerned mothers and nosey little brothers.  I am a storyteller.  Being a woman, a mother, a friend and a scorned lover is not enough.  You can find any of those on the next block over but what you won't find is someone as willing to share their story.  I believe in dialogue as if it is a religion with a promising salvation at the end of every sentence.  Before the internet, telephones and email, there were campfires with voices hanging over the flames telling the stories of ancient love, tragic wars and even humor.  They were storytellers.  There ARE storytellers.  I am one.

No comments: