Thursday, February 3, 2011

true life: i hate my body

i went from loving my body - svelte, smooth and limber to not even recognizing it - cellulite, stretch marks and pinch-able fat.  i went from dancer to mother and i hated it. i still do.  with clothes on, i seem to do ok.  i'm fluttering between a size 6 and a size 8, closer to the 8, yet and still it's not the size that bothers me as much as it is the structure.  though the reason for my new body (new being five years) is commendable, that doesn't mean i like it at all.  i want a two piece that i feel beautiful in and i would have loved my bigger breasts if they didn't leak milk and i want an ass that makes music when i walk.  ok maybe the music is a bit much but i just want to look in the mirror naked and recognize the person in there.  i know we can't have the bodies we had at eighteen, especially after playing host to a fetus but there are people out there who have and i want to be them!  this may be considered a tantrum but at least i'm only kicking and screaming in my head. on a side note, i do love my new bangs. i actually love a lot more things on my body than i hate. but since i sleep in a t-shirt and panties, no relation to the song, i just happened to catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror when i went to get some ginger ale. nonetheless, i'm going to take a shower, do my hair, lotion this body up and realize that i'm blessed to have a body that works even if it's not exactly what i want.

No comments: