Sunday, November 6, 2011

Heaven

I used to love freely
Like birds going south
Gliding on the wings of indifference
Seeking warmth like it was the tradition of Sunday morning and biscuits in the oven
I used to love freely
Like little girls in the sandbox whose mothers talked about love with men they no longer knew
but no wedding ring is one size fits all
I used to harmonize my moans into his favorite song
the kind of song that turned nightmares into lullabies 
and bad men into doable lovers
Sometimes I find myself loving behind stained glass
Distorted by the very colors meant to put it together
But I used to love freely to men that were tied down by their own humanity
And now I love divinely 
With God using my shoulder as his throne to remind me
Heaven was never amongst the clouds
It was always in our hands

No comments: