Sunday, November 13, 2011

The sky...



I wonder if the stars ever demanded that the moon love them back.  Like mistresses of the night, I wonder how they find their way back under the moon's wings, shining in spite of the darkness they are so seemingly accustomed to.  I wonder if they are too busy vying for the moon's attention to watch over us during the day.  I want to know if the moon ever had an answer worthy enough to be loved after the conversation.


Or maybe the moon and the stars were never lovers, just friends with an unspoken and unrequited love, never crossing the line, never getting too close.  Brave enough to share the same space without making note of the closeness. I mean, I would never judge.  Pretending that I can stand in the vicinity of a once lover and not smell his skin would be the greatest lie ever told.  Not great in the sense of the best, but great in the sense of grandeur.


I just wonder if while they're up there with the space of the entire world, do they need more of it or none of it?  And the sun?  I wonder if the sun is the most absentee negotiation in all the world.  Only rising to remind them that the only thing about time that is guaranteed is the fact that it's limited….


I don't wish on stars and I don't fear full moons, I just always wanted to know if they wish on us and if they do, do we fail them like moonlight to tiny children in fear of darkness.  I've never heard a star talk but I imagine it to have a voice like yours - reaching my ears like overdue light.  And I think the moon has a raspy voice like children with a cold - innocent and wounded.  What a beautiful conversation the night sky has over us and I can't figure out if they are mimicking us or are we mimicking them.  Searching and holding on to the only light they can in a world full of darkness. 

No comments: