Saturday, December 25, 2010

here we go with the holidays

i'm not a fan of Christmas.  it's a reminder that my spirituality is off balance, my body still hasn't adjusted to cold weather and my family is completely indescribable.

between the calls from guys to remind me how we should have worked it out and how they're going to do better in the upcoming year no matter how much i decline, i'm simply not enthused. then the messages from distant relatives trying to have conversations five years later makes me want to choose between my sanity or my ongoing battle with my inability to forgive.  it feels like today is a wakeup call for everyone but me.  and don't get me wrong, i know i am eternally blessed but i knew that yesterday.

anyway. the moral of the story is, i like one holiday and this ain't it.  to those who do enjoy it, do just that.  don't just spend it with the people you love, make the most of the time spent.

and as far as blessings go, i'm ok with the few i've been given.

No comments: