Saturday, December 25, 2010

sandy beaches

i like coconut.  just thought i'd share that.

Michael Buble - Home


i'm lucky i know but i wanna go home.
i'm the type of girl who can get married in a plain white slip dress handmade by my grandmother.  on the sandy beaches of whichever island i grew up on.  i wanna feel the sun on the nape of my neck wrapping around my shoulders like the shawl of eternity.  besides a pair of earrings from my parents, my wedding ring will be the only other piece of jewelry i wear as a reminder of who i came from and who i'm leavin with. and i want birds released into the sky like melodies off the surface of grand pianos.  and my husband?    well, he's going to have to be my best friend because if he can't handle me at my worst, then he doesn't deserve me at my best. that's what ms. monroe said.

2 comments:

Alexandria said...

Amen!

Q. said...

The only nut your not allergic to.