Thursday, December 30, 2010

you read me like a book

you turn me into the pages of a book i haven't written yet
flipping over ivory sheets with letters that could only spell out love
you unwind my binds
with your fingertips
and i spill ink into the atmosphere
i drip onto this canvas called life
imitating the art of ecstasy
you call my name and angels come sliding down to pause the heavens and play with us
i am ferocious when i am in your arms
but vulnerable when you are in mine
you want to tame me
into chapters you can comprehend
bookmarking the moments of me you love
and i owe you that much
i owe you peace
i owe you solitude
i owe you the nape of my neck
and the curve in my back
but my heart...
my heart beats gold
naturally
so as you turn me and flip me between your fingertips
searching for that happy ending
i pour onto you the seven wonders of my soul
trust.fidelity.honesty.thoughtfulness.patience.forgiveness.
and most of all
love.

No comments: