Thursday, December 9, 2010

sing me a love song

i never knew much abut my parents relationship except that they had me in the midst of it.  but there is one thing that i've always noticed and i don't know if it's representative of their relationship or their personalities but either way, it sticks with me.  my parents ALWAYS play love songs, all types of love songs.  so i grew up with melodies of love playing in my head trying to teach my heart some things.  so today as i was playing through my pandora station, my mother jumped in to ask me what i know about Otis Redding.  excuse me? i know because y'all taught me.  so i guess that's where my penchant for love songs comes from and maybe that's why i'm enamored by the thought of love.  emotions in combination with melodies soothe me and give me something beautiful to look forward to.  whether my love works out or not, the mere thought that i am willing to try is something to be grateful for.  my parents taught me something valuable - love may not work, but it exists.

No comments: