Sunday, June 17, 2012

Does she do it...?


It’s safe to say you are a revolving door with skin like moonshine
I'm drunk going in circles
Detoured from my original destination of happiness and ended up on a highway of contentment
I swam in the tears of your lost dimples and got tired there
Rested my head there
Lifted my feet to the sun in homage as if to say, shine on me, I'm wide open
I guess my horizon wasn’t wide enough for you
Maybe your feet couldn’t carry you through the tunnels of me
Maybe my pyramids were a bit too Egypt for you
You always liked sky scrapers
And I never thought a building was beautiful enough to introduce itself to the clouds
How I can’t stand a man who lacks humility is how you can’t stand a woman with power
I should have taken my own advice
Even kings bleed water sometime and even queens give birth to people who are not worthy of her the throne
I wish your mother hugged you more often so that my arms didn’t feel like barbed wire to you
And I would hope that in your next lifetime your father will show you how to be a husband instead of just a hammer wielding man
I even pray that your smile is a language I won’t be understand because falling in love with you again will make me a master of linguistics but not a wife
I want to ask you
For all the women begging at your feet
Their knees dirty with desperation
I want to know if she prays for you while she is down there
If when she looks up at you, does she see God or just another man waiting to come
Tell me, do her eyes light up a room for you?
Snap the embers of her soul on fire and light fresh flames around your bed
Does her nose smell you in her dreams?
Do her hands carve strength into your back?
And are your tattoos drawn into her notebook as a reminder that some men are willing to scribble on what’s already perfect?
Show me someone who needs more than love and I’ll show you someone who will never find it
Because there is nothing greater than to love the skin of a man you did not know before yesterday
I find that too many women are haunted by the flesh
And your new girlfriend is one of them
Will she still love you when you can’t f.ck her anymore?
When your bones turn to dust and your smile crumples like chocolate chip cookies in the corner of a child’s mouth
When your knees buckle under the pressure of the Earth
When you stop looking like a King and start acting like one
Acting like the mortal you are
Acting like the mistakes you’ve made
Acting
Acting
Acting
Because nothing is real without love to make it so

No comments: