Friday, June 1, 2012

Five months coming...

Readers!!!!!
I love you, first and foremost. I took the last five months to learn some things. I had some growing to do. I had some loving to do. It was hard y’all, really hard. You ever had to love someone you hated? Have you ever had to be kind anyway? Tell the truth anyway? Live, when you were ready to die anyway? There were some days I woke up, with pain so real, I was crying in my sleep. Agony can torture even your bones. I found myself making the ultimate sacrifices for just the possibility of things getting better or time slowing down. It got to the point where standing still felt awkward for me. Crying was normal. I cried every single day for four months. You think I would have felt purged but I just felt heavier.
I was begging God to hear me. In fact, I got real bold and banged on his front door. And if you know anything about God’s front door, it’s just your soul. I literally had to open myself up and bang on my insides, tear down the miscellaneous items, take the pictures of once lovers down, refurnish the home inside my head and stop picking at my own scars. A huge part of me died in those four months and I didn’t even bother going to my own funeral. There was more life to be had.
I say all this to say, you missed me and I don’t know how to express the gratitude I have for that. I grew up and you noticed. How kind of you. So many of you ask me about my book and I’m dumbfounded every time that you care so much. You have showed me what heaven feels like. You love me when I have nothing left to love.
You make the world turn and you remind me that no matter the weather, the moon is never late to greet the sun. The tides always bend under their love affair, they make room in a sky too small for them to be in the same place at the same time but too big for them to ever wander the universe without one another. You, the readers, the listeners, the admirers, the fans, the visitors, give artists the very breath it takes to make smoke out of love. You make me and what I do tangible. You are the reason I matter and that my friends, is the true art.
My humble apologies for being gone so long and my deepest sincerity upon my return.

2 comments:

Theory Republic said...

I love this quote "You, the readers, the listeners, the admirers, the fans, the visitors, give artists the very breath it takes to make smoke out of love." I truly know what it is your talking about....that time you must take to find yourself even if its for the second or third time. Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I am in the midst of my own 4 months, I'm more than ready to come out to the other side. Thank you for this