Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hi Me. I'm sorry.

When's the last time you apologized to yourself?
Sometimes we put ourselves through our own agony
Sometimes we victimize ourselves and try to act like we didn't build our own crime scene
Don't act like you haven't slit your own wrists before
I saw you swallow an entire bottle of pills one day
Maybe you should have let him kill you instead because suicide is shameful from what I hear
No one to persecute
No one to pay
No justice to serve
I mean, I know we all cry sometimes
But some of us are squeezing out our own tears and blaming a man who doesn't even know what our tears look like
I'll tell you something
He could never do me worse than I've done myself
Cheating myself into settling
Quieting my own intuition 
I'll tell you who should get slapped
Me
I should slap myself 
And you should slap yourself too
Till you're blue in the face
Till you have nobody to blame but yourself
That man may have broken your heart but you gave it to him
It's not that he didn't love you enough
It's that YOU didn't love YOU enough
And so we're sitting here thinking n.ggas aint sh.t
But ain't we a direct reflection of the people we love?
So girl, we ain't sh.t either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! You know me so well! I love your work! You have set my heart free by saying exactly what I want to say but cant express it so exact! I thank God for yu T Lloyd! Keep up the great work! Sincerely
T Potts