Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sustaining within the Universe

I tried to give you the world
Built constellations in the palm of your hands
Sketched the evening sky on the arches of your back
I anticipated you like the sunrise after a rainy night
I poured with loving you
Flooded the valleys of myself with your name
I became a combustion of love
I literally exploded with the potential to become a part of you
Even felt incomplete with you
As if in a sky full of stars, the moon notices when one doesn't show up for work
But you couldn't notice me in a room full of people
How can a man not smell the woman that smells like his own flesh?
We are unfamiliar, two planets rotating on an axis neither really belongs to
And maybe one day we'll crash into each other and they'll call it love
One day
Any day
Just not today

No comments: