Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hand me downs

I still have the bruises from our last encounter
but it's your awkward hellos that leave the most scars
I wonder if she can hear my voice when she rests her head on your pillows
Or if she uses my shampoo when she stands in your shower
Hair dripping wet with the confessions you haven't made yet
Have you told her that you had to push me out of your mind because I had made a home there?
Or did you just tell her that I was crazy?
And that sometimes I call because I have nothing better to do? 
No
No
No 
No
Is that your favorite word still?
I wonder, if my dress will fit her...
No not the dress I left, the wedding dress
The gown I was supposed to wear when I met you at the altar
Tell her that her ring is a hand ME down
From the HAND of ME...DOWN a notch...
And don't forget to tell her that your best friend doesn't require you to be a better man
"Babe, be quiet. You can't talk if your mouth is full. Come here."
So you fed me charm, pillow talk and lust
And I still starved

No comments: