Wednesday, July 20, 2011

are we really crazy?

women menstruate. now that we've gotten that out the way, do you really think that it makes us crazy? irrational? frustrated? aggravated? emotional?


i asked him and he answered yes to every single question.  i'm not going to get into the inner workings of my cycle but it's like my period and i are in a long distance relationship.  we don't see each other often but once in a blue (or shall i say red? too much? i thought it was funny) once in a blue, it reminds me that i'm still a woman with a functioning uterus.  but because of this long distance relationship, i don't feel like i'm affected by it much if at all.  which is complete and utter foolishness because i still have an enormous amount of estrogen, more than the average female according to my gynecologist.  


but men apparently feel like we're completely insane with all of these hormones running through our bodies? are we? and if we are, isn't it within reason? i don't know how many women feel pain but me, myself and i experience a pain that makes me want to kill bunny rabbits with my bare hands. so excuse me if i am a little cranky.  you wouldn't be such a happy camper if it felt like someone was squeezing your testicles every five to seven minutes, now would you?  i'm more concerned with how men deal with us.  do they really think ignoring us is going to work? if you think you can get away from talking to me for a week on average, i will kill you sir.  you're supposed to love me through this, you don't put vacation time in based on my cycle. i think not.  don't you want to be the loving man that brings me what i want, when i want it and steps away slowly?  that might actually bring a smile to my face.  don't you want to cheer me up? i may seem angry but i'm really just uncomfortable and  work, children and responsibilities don't let up for not even one week while mother nature has her way with me. if anybody should be on my side, shouldn't it be you boo?


because i'm not on the receiving end as he says, i have no idea what men go through while we're on an emotional roller coaster but i would advise them to be patient with us.  we cater to everyone else every other time, so please just take into consideration, that it's not you, it's me.  i apologize in advance if i'm a little cranky but listen carefully. bring me vanilla ice cream with hot fudge and i promise, i'll leave you alone.

No comments: