Saturday, July 30, 2011

my abc's

so i was looking for a new challenge to complete and one fell right into my lap.  i visit @bhargette's page almost every day and it's an amazing read and not just because i know her in real life and remember when she first came to college versus the hot little woman she's grown into.  but right there on her page was the abc challenge.  like all the other challenges, i urge you to try it, you don't have to post it or send it in if you don't want to obviously but sometimes your answers are just as important as anyone else's.  here goes.


A - age - 24


B - bed size - queen without a king


C - chore you hate - washing dishes…like really. dis-gus-ting!


D - dad's name - Daddy works just fine


E - Essential start of your day item - a cup of tea. winter, summer, spring and fall. i honestly don't function well without one.  preferably vanilla chai.


F - favorite color - pink but really purple.  it's weird i know.  i like everything i own to be pink but i would actually wear different shades of purple or paint my room purple.  in fact, if i ever mosey on down the aisle, i would like for purple to be the accent color. we'll see how that goes.


G - gold or silver - gold. gold. gold. rose gold, pink gold, white gold.  i like gold but is it weird that i want my wedding rings to be platinum?


H - height - 5'2.


I - instruments you play(ed) - the piano.


J - job title - mommy.


K - kids - let's not make that plural. i only have one. funny i didn't see what K stood for when I answered J.


L - living arrangements - i actually can't even describe how much i love being at home.


M - mom's name - T. they call her Big T sometimes which is weird because she's smaller than me.  


O - overnight hospital stay other than births - are we talking about my birth or when i gave birth? or the time i almost died from an allergic reaction? or the time i had migraines so bad, i couldn't see straight? I'm here now though. that's what counts!


Q - pet peeve - pepsi. crumpled paper. dirty feet. attractive men. when the tv is on and no one is watching it. not remembering what color my underwear is. when it's raining but not really raining. like to the point where you look like an idiot if you have an umbrella up because it's not enough damn rain.  fruit & pastry. get that apple pie, strawberry roll, whatever it is out of here! bad restaurant service. who wants to be hungry and pissed? voicemails. peeing. a broken nail.  i'll stop now. 


Q - Quote from a movie - "Would it be better if she were black?" "No! It'd be better if you were!" Angela Bassett talking to her cheating ass husband in Waiting to Exhale.  One more. "God has a lot on his plate this morning." Regina King in This Christmas talking about leaving her cheating ass husband.  notice a trend?


R - Right or left handed - i write with my right hand and do everything else with my left.


S - Siblings - twelve. six of each.


T - Time you wake up - nine or ten am.


U - Underwear - i remember the color and it's pink.


V - Vegetable you dislike - i don't like boiled carrots unless Alicia makes them. 


W - Ways you run late - i'm not usually late but if i am, it's probably because i can't find something right before i leave the house or i mess up what i'm wearing. 


X - X-rays you've had - my lungs, my hand, my ankle, my neck, my cheekbone and lower back.


Y - Yummy food you make - i've heard that my shrimp pasta, my glazed ham and my eggs are pretty banging…but you didn't hear that from me


Z - Zoo favorites - lions and tigers and that's it. no …we can add cheetahs in there too. i'm fascinated with gorillas, monkeys, alligators and crocodiles too.


that was fun.

No comments: