Monday, June 22, 2009

inspired by ms. amy

press play - this post has a soundtrack.



this road is winding and dark at times
with branches slapping me in my face and vines cutting my ankles

there's nothing to hold on to for my balance to steady

feeling like cinderella with melanin

wishing a glass slipper would appear out of the dark skies above me

but i know it won't

it's the allure that keeps me coming back
possibilities feel better than falling realities

so i come to the conclusion that we aren't going anywhere at least not together

i keep going to a place that isn't my own and he keeps coming into my space

and in so many more ways than one
he fertilizes my spirits with bad seeds and worse dreams
the future is hazy even with the sun shining overhead

clouds interrupt like phone calls and text messages during the
mid night

innocence tap dances on my womb's stage with a desire to be born
no, not this month, fair child - he hasn't called me yet

and if he doesn't call me by tonight, i will take that morning after pill because swallowing has a totally different meaning when the ala
rm clock frightens my biological one

no call, no rush, no relationship, no trust
(please excuse the tangent)

even when i had no expectations
the disappointments rained like sulfur on flesh

and not all burns mean sexually transmitted disease

i thought what we had was gold cuz it glistened in our sweat

but i was just a fool who loved him and everything he made me regret


tlloyd




I'm not sure who's more captivating, the real woman or the woman on her arm (which I'm sure might be real too)




The media's f.cked up. But besides that, if there was a picture that captured all of your vices, what would it look like?

No comments: