Thursday, June 11, 2009

it's in the parentheses (i mean it)

this is so complicated
(it's simple)

i wish he would SPELL it out for me but this is as far as he got:::
(these are the heinous acts of terrorists)

this is hooked on phonics for adults. keep up folks, this is the good part.
(broken hearts and broken glass sound the same)

i lkie yuo ubt relatiosnhips arne't my tihng...
(smeoeon iwll pya for thsi) [i.e. our taxes, you mean?]

and all i could say was:: i'll ksis yuo aynway.
(because in my mind, tragedy comes in the morning light, remember September 11th?)

[I apologize for the tangent ahead]
we always
want relationships
to move forward ----->
but we can only
understand them
backwards <------
what kind of dyslexic ass bullsh.t is that?
I take that back - the apology that is.

we kissed, we had sex (great sex), we fell in love, we got married, we had a baby.
(I spit a story backwards, it starts at the ending)
yes. that was nas' song rewind. pay attention. and yes he's from new york.

we kissed, we had sex (unprotected sex), we had a baby, never fell in love and never got married.
(planning is for entertainment purposes only). that's why i laugh at birth control 

spell out my laughter and pass me the epidural
(because when everything falls down, suddenly you see all the signs you ignored) 

my water didn't break, but my heart did
(you can call 911 but they won't make it in time)

he's either gonna knock you down or knock you up 
(and nothing can stand in the way of destiny, not even America)

against each other, our bodies erupt in torment
(and the memorabilia of death moves you even in still frames)

the anger fingers sympathy and life has an affair with morals
can you taste the imagery? be careful, you might be allergic to reality.
(because everybody's god has different requirements) 

everything real isn't permanent and everything permanent isn't real
(boom, we finally crash in the clear blue sky)

what's louder than thunder and brighter than lightning? 
(one word - AnGER)
can't you see the rage? I keep telling ya'll pay attention

flames ROSE as I burned his clothes with Angela Bassett's cigarette 
::flames bloom better than roses::
(flames ROSE as the buildings fell and the ash filmed the streets like oil to a canvas)

the glass shattered as i introduced my titanium bat to his back window 
broken hearts and broken glass sound the same, remember?
(the glass shattered as the the rage of Allah introduced a 747 to somebody's fax machine)


we are so broken 
(we are so broken)

don't call me a victim cuz i got my heart broken
(don't call us victims cuz we're new yorkers)

I survived it
(we survived it)

this is so complicated 
(it's simple)


I loved him
(but I will always love New York) 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Chris Stylz u have a definitive writing style...this must be the "lloyd" prose. Personal 3rd Person Conversational...lol great work
June 9, 2009 at 4:50pm ·

Dae Edens thats tough! u wrote that?
June 9, 2009 at 4:53pm ·

T Lloyd yeppers.
June 9, 2009 at 5:02pm ·

T Lloyd thanks.
June 9, 2009 at 5:02pm ·

Bianca Singleton You have one more time to write a poem and NOT tag me... P.S. We must see each other and SOON!
June 9, 2009 at 5:27pm ·

Monique Liburd Tass cous you da shit....you know how I feel about your "talent" this is good stuff!
June 9, 2009 at 5:54pm ·

Chanel Holcombe Wow sis.... Amazing
June 9, 2009 at 11:10pm ·

Unknown said...

Victoria McCall "we always want relationships to move forward but we can only understand them backwards what kind of dyslexic ass bullsh.t is that?"

...If you didn't know I teach high school special ed. english.. in Philly....and if there is one thing that I have learned from teaching/living/learning..is that we are ALL learning disabled to some effing degree..

...but alike the students I teach...(where I teach them strategies to "cope" with their disabilities)...us in the 'REAL' world aren't taught ish...... See More
June 10, 2009 at 9:53am ·

Alicia Q. Ferguson So i cant get tagged cuz i pointed out these facts....
June 10, 2009 at 9:57am ·

Alicia Q. Ferguson Dont Tagg me know...I know what it says without reading it...ha. Well actually it differes slightly from our discussion. mmmm a little fronting your doing...