Tuesday, February 23, 2010

i live where you vacation

i grew up on white sand
we had palm trees in place of bodegas
and who needs an alarm clock when your body rests under an open sky and swaying branches?

i am paradise
you can walk on my waters and drown in my waves
bloom under my sun and put your tongue to my taste

i am a walking paradise
your currency curves to my thighs
and my clouds trace your sky



you borrow me for moments at time
to escape your harsh winters, to reminisce on a feeling so sublime

i am paradise
goats, iguanas, chickens and lizards are the only traffic you'll meet
and if you squint just right, you can find who swims in my sea

i am paradise

moving you with rhythms mother nature let me keep when you dragged her from africa
and jungle fever is just another way of saying that you need an excuse to understand why we're so f.cking beautiful...

truth is, any baby born under my mother's sun can only bloom beautiful enough to grace the gods and inspire mankind to fall to his knees, wet his mouth and get to work
and yes, we taste as good as we look,
so let us feed your hunger
and nourish your imagination
because you discovered color in our landscape,
breath in our water
and life in our ashes

i am paradise


and there are no traffic lights to slow me down
so ride my waves, fast or slow
till the sun sets over us



this is paradise.
come again.

No comments: