Thursday, February 11, 2010

memories.

this has got to be the longest breakup in the history of sex
lemme tell you how when i saw this man, it took everything in me
not to jump on him and kiss him
just to remember what his thoughts taste like
but i was too scared but that's against the rules
so i sat in the car and waited for him to come around
the longest eight seconds of my life
but i would have waited a lifetime

i forgot what it felt like to be behind the wheel of my own car
he drove
he filled up the gas tank
he knows what kind of engine i have
(literally)

on thursday, i sat behind the wheel
with absolutely no direction whether it was to 7/11 or happiness
consider me lost (and both of those destinations are no more than a block away)

he sat across from me looking at me
like it was the first time he saw me
and he's seen me naked a million times
but nude and vulnerable are not always interchangeable


so yes, he saw me crying for the first time
(out of pure sadness at least)
and in that moment, we were virgins
looking at each other with silence interrupting our words instead of
kisses
wondering how far we should go
and when it will be over
because
IT'S OVER

and when you don't know how you got here, it's even harder to decide when it's time to leave


it feels like we've said our
peace but it's anything but...
but on his lips even war seems worth all the f.cking taxes i'm paying
and both of us have surrendered
thrown in the white flags

said goodbye to a life we're trying to forget we lived.

we are trying to forget a life we lost. we lived.

we are trying to forget a life. we lived. we lost.


[[PUNCTUATION MATTERS]]

it probably doesn't, because in the end it's all the same
at least it feels that way

and i keep looking back at the moments i've kept to myself
just to keep them sacred



  • like how i trace your tattoos with my fingertips

  • or how you interrupted my showers just to give me a kiss

  • or the time you wanted scrambled eggs at 4 am

  • or when i wanted ice cream at 4 am

  • or when we wanted each other at 4 am

i could reach out and just
grab your beating heart
and now with all the technology in the world
we can't find the words to say

consider me unfulfilled, grateful and all yours

1 comment: