Monday, February 8, 2010

daddy's home

they keep telling me that i have relationships to fill a void
a void i don't remember having
they say i call you daddy because i don't have one

but in reality, i do. sh.t i have his last name.
i call you daddy because you showed up.
on time, right on time. every time
my father was always late, so late that he made my mother late.
and then i came.
like a bat out of hell
inherited with my mother's insecurities and my father's timing.

and when you hit that spot. i can't help but wonder if this ever made a difference to my real daddy

it made him come but it didn't make him stay
so what the f.ck [literally] will make you any different?
is it the way you wipe my hair out of my face?
is it the way you throw me my towel as my invitation?
is it the way you let me drink out of your cup?

maybe it's one thing, some things or nothing at all

but either way, i call you daddy because the way we're going
im going to make you one

and i'll be late just like my mother
but the little one?
the little you and the little me will be right on time.
when it's time.
every time.