Friday, September 30, 2011

labor


I know absolutely no details concerning this pregnancy, although I'm sure that would make for good conversation.  However, I don't know why this seems 
SO NATURAL to me.
I do remember my grandmother telling me the following the night I started my labor,
"Tassy, you can do this.  You don't need any help.  Your body was created to do this.  From the beginning of time women have carried and delivered their children without any assistance.  You were born to do this.  You can do this.  You are not the first and you most certainly won't be the last.  Bring your child into this world.  I'm praying for you."
Maybe that's why this picture isn't a shock to me.  As long as our bodies can create children, I wholeheartedly believe that we can carry them and bring them into this world.

No comments: