Friday, September 30, 2011

Those Kisses

I kissed him from that dark place within myself hoping his tongue could spread some light my way. I spent his deliberate kisses like they were spare change used to buy old school sweets. His lips wrapped around my collarbone liked a newborn's hand around its mother's finger - we belonged. His kiss lingered like day old roses on a courted woman's mantle.  He smelled nice and I just wanted to taste him.  I just wanted to melt into his flesh and stay there until we became a puddle of lovers.  I still think about his kiss in spare moments of my time, when I'm brushing my teeth or my hair.  Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I can still feel him over my shoulder, breathing down my neck, stroking my spine, whispering in my ear that kisses are more intimate than watching a person make love to themselves.  His kisses were like mangoes that I could pluck and suck on till it stuck to my lips, so sweet that it becomes bitter and then so bitter, it becomes forbidden.  I like his kisses.  His far away kisses that I can still taste from miles away, mornings later, I really like his kisses.  And I thought to myself, why am I acting like I've never been kissed before but I've never been kissed before.  Not like clouds rolling over on unsuspecting rooftops, not like a child's first day of school, not like a warm shower after a cold day, not like a good man after a bad one…hmm.  I've never been kissed before.


His kisses make me want to call my ex-boyfriends and say, "I'm not a virgin anymore."  But they're so busy smacking their lips for the wrong reasons that they wouldn't even understand what kind of kissing I'm talking about.  His kisses are something like mermaids in the deep blue sea, it has never been proven that they don't exist, but they're still magical.  I think I fell in love with his kisses, sweet deliberate kisses, with no other intention than to teach me that the true power of speech is when you relinquish it.  Man, I love his kisses and they make me want to love him.  And he will be the first person that I make love to again, the first person that lets me put my guard and my dress down for some real, homemade kissing.  His kisses are like the deep conditioners of relationships - it makes me soft.  And I will probably will never tell him how good his kisses are but since I said I would marry him, I'm guessing he already as an idea.

No comments: