Monday, November 22, 2010

skinny b.tches are evil



you can fast forward right to the 40 second mark, where sherri says, "you always see the slinky size 2 model but you never know how it will fit on real women..."

i'm sick of it.

EXCUSE ME B.TCH.
whether i'm a size 2 or a size 12, i am a real woman.  seriously, if you consider yourself to be a big girl, please tell me what makes you more of a woman than someone who is smaller.  granted, there is more OF you, but as women, aren't we equals?  aren't we all just as great and as beautiful, no matter what size we wear?  even before Mo'nique advertised the whole 'skinny b.tches are evil' movement, there's always been an unspoken war between 'big girls' and 'skinny b.tches.'  and since no one ever asks the skinny b.tches what we think, i'm here to shed some light on our thoughts.

being called 'skinny' hurts just like being called 'fat' hurts.  why? because being skinny is a white girl's dream and a black girl's nightmare.  outside of 'skinny' and 'fat,' there's 'slim' and there's 'thick' and most of us prefer the latter terms to describe our physical insecurities.  if i'm skinny, why does that mean i don't eat? if i'm skinny, why is it always just attributed to luck and not working out?  why is it ok for you to comment on my weight but no one can comment on yours?  and if skinny b.tches are so evil, then why are so many self proclaimed 'i love my curves' women trying so desperately to lose those same curves? Mo'nique, Toccara, Jennifer Hudson just to name a few.  are you losing weight for your health or your preference?  i really want to know.


every woman has things that she is insecure about.  i've grown to accept that.  i have stretch marks, my legs are WAY too long for my body and if God decides to hand out C cups tomorrow, i might think about it.  being 'skinny' doesn't mean i'm exempt from my own scrutiny.  i don't always find clothes that fit, i don't always fill them out the way i would like. how would you know what my struggles with shopping are if you never bothered to ask? oh, let me take a guess. you don't ask because if they're not your struggles, they're not struggles at all?  your insecurity is not bigger than mine just because you are.  and yes, the media does encourage being slim way more than being thick, but the media also encourages lighter skin, straighter hair and longer lashes.  so after you lose that weight are you going to bleach your skin, get a weave and slap some eyelashes on? probably not.  if you want to let a multibillion dollar industry make you feel bad about your weight then fine but don't you dare disrespect me and mine.  it's not ok for you to pick on others because you feel picked on.  if you are sensitive about your weight, do yourself a favor and assume that i am sensitive about mine.  women as a whole should practice making one another feel better instead of tearing each other down.  calling me evil won't make you any skinnier and you being thick is not a punishment just like being slim isn't a favor.

it is evident that we need to love ourselves for who we are and stop disrespecting others for who we cannot be.  whatever your size, you are REAL. we ain't barbies B.TCH!

[you may have noticed my excessive use of the word 'b.tch.' mo'nique said it first. see how childish we can be?]

5 comments:

Aisha said...

You just read my soul with this one! Why is it okay to be disdainful toward me because I've made a conscious lifestyle decision!!!! Oh and I prefer, the term "slender", bitch (continues with the absurdity for good measure).

Anonymous said...

I am with you all the way. I have been skinny all my life, and it has definitely come with abuse. People always assume it's easier, but believe me being called a skinny bitch hurts just as much as being called a fat bitch. A skinny girl never dare call a big girl FAT, that's like committing suicide.

I whole heartedly agree with your comment "being skinny is a white girl's dream and a black girl's nightmare;" truer words could not be spoken. White girls have always been in awe of how skinny I was, while black girls never let me forget just how "SKINNY" I was.

Thankfully, with age comes wisdom and a sense of security. While I still openly want bigger hips and a fatter a**, I've learned to love what I've been blessed with. No, I'm not walking around with a "donkey" and my legs look like the number 11, but I sure can wear the hell out of a pair of skinny jeans.

SKINNY GIRLS UNITE!!!

Q. said...

SO....I wouldn't be me if I didn't comment. I have subscribed to the skinny B*tchs are evil philosophy and I am proud of it. Let's take a step back and analyze the situation...That saying has come about and gain so much meaning from the way ppl are treated. It is no greater than the things you have mentioned in comparison. "You black as tar" or "ya head nappy as a slave". This steams from being teased as a kid about the things that made you different than the person doing the teasing.

Believe it of not the one thing that is teased the most is weight hence the saying that skinny B's are evil. The truth of the matter is if you are skinny you are accepted and if your not then you are not accepted. Strongly resembles racism.

If society, media, and men were more accepting of weight on a woman then there would be no issue. Don't get me wrong I am proud of who I am and what I look like. But the truth is the truth most ppl get self esteem from the way they are viewed and treated not from a natural place within if you don't believe that you are kidding yourself.

Another thing skinny women please note that we thick fat big whatever word you choose to use...girls don't fit our clothes the way we like either. I'm big but I don't have a big booty so my jeans don't fit the way I would like either. I fill in too much at the wasted and then not enough at the leg and booty. So remember just cuz I'm big doesn't mean I'm big in all the right places.

To end this...I must say when I have made comments about skinny women being evil I did not think that you didn't want to be that way. I just ASSumed that you liked it and wouldn't ever want to change. The truth of the matter is ppl always want what they don't have point blank. I may think that oooh her body is perfect wish i had it and all the while she is wishing she didn't.

Honestly if we start to accept ppl for who they are and not what they look like the world would be a better place. Get your self esteem up and stop blaming others.

ACNimmons said...

I totally feel you on this and I've never been skinny at all. It is so true that everyone wants what they don't have; I just made that exact comment this morning when a group of women were discussing their hair. I've gotten comments about how I have "good hair" all my life, but that's what I say every time, because while you may think I have good hair, I think my scalp is always dry and flaky, and my ends never feel moisturized.

We all have personal struggles and need to stop f.cking getting personal. Every women I know has self-esteem issues, or things they are insecure about, and that is mostly because of other women not being in their corner. If we listened to each other and stuck together, instead of alienating each other for being one way or another, maybe we'd all feel better about ourselves as a whole.

I've been a fat girl all my life, and I still feel the pressure to be thin, more so for my health now than anything else, but I definitely can say that it does feel better to be losing weight and moving towards what people feel is more socially exceptable. J. Hud and Monique probably all feel the same way, because 'skinny b.tches are evil' seems to be a way to deflect the feeling that 'skinny b.tches aren't fat like me'.

We all can feel the pressure barring down on us, which is why I could never understand why we (in general, although I'm aware of exceptions) feel its necessary to point the finger at who's what, what, and what.

I can't lie and say I'm not envious of skinny women, I FEEL they've had it easier than me. But that is an assumption, and through an assumption, I make an @ss out of me. I don't know anyone's struggles, but I'm sensitive as hell, so I take that into account realizing that other people have things they could be sensitive about that I'm not aware of, and keep from making any personal attacks (because even if its from a friend, that's what they are) on anyone, because I've cried many night from being "fat", and I don't know what could do the same to someone else.

Anonymous said...

Whoop! There it is! If we would stop tearing each other down, we can achieve so much!Well said!