Friday, November 19, 2010

why is dating a foreign concept?

i want to go on a date.  that wasn't supposed to be poetic either.
i want to feel those butterflies that twelve year old girls feel when they pass by their crush in crowded hallways.  i want to put on my earrings slowly and lotion my legs gently. i want put on a fresh coat of nail polish.  i want to spend a whole hour doing my makeup so that when he looks at me, he sees magic on my eyelids.  i want to put on the kind of lip gloss that makes all my words seem insignificant because he'll be too busy thinking about kissing me.  i want to make sure every strand of my hair is laid to perfection so he can take all the credit for messing it up.  i want to put heels on so high, they touch the ceiling, get it?  i want to get dressed like i'm going to prom and feel beautiful in a vanity mirror. i want him to wait downstairs for me to make a grand entrance and i want to see it in his eyes, that i'm the prettiest girl he's ever seen, even if it is just for one night.

i want to go on a date and feel special.
and i think the problem is that we, as women don't demand that men make us feel that way. we, good women deserve that.  why is it okay to search for a king that doesn't make you feel like a queen?
i'm tired of worrying about finding the perfect guy and i'm tired of worrying about marriage. i just want to take it one day at a time. and today, i want to go on a date.

1 comment:

Ariana said...

Sometimes you just wanna look your best and have someone see you as that. Definitely feel this.