Saturday, August 20, 2011

luck

i don't believe in it, maybe it's because i have none.  or maybe my Christian values don't leave me any room for luck.  i'm either blessed or i'm bearing my cross.  i don't remember luck being in the Bible and i remember Jesus needing plenty of it when Judas' mouth was running faster than Usain Bolt.  but luck has never been my thing.  that's probably why i don't play the lotto, but the way these loans are coming in, if there is any luck out there, i live at …. never mind.


maybe my problem with luck is that even in all of the crazy going on in my life, i know my life isn't THAT bad.  i'm blessed beyond measure.  so what if my boyfriend breaks up with me and so what if i get into a fight in harlem, hypothetically speaking of course?  these would be unfortunate things but i'm a very fortunate person.  it could ALWAYS be worse.  considering i've been through worse, there's very few things that i face, that i can't handle.  


f.ck luck.

No comments: