Friday, August 5, 2011

a thousand kisses

soft
deliberate kisses
from my virgin fingertips
to my not so virgin thighs…
i like your kisses
the intense kisses
the kisses without a history
the kisses that have that new car smell
the 'i haven't been test driven' kisses
the kind of kisses that remind me of ice cream of sunny days
the kisses that melt
melt right into my skin and kiss you back through my pores
those kisses
those deliberate, soft kisses
that look like we've loved each other for lifetimes
but we've probably kissed more than we've conversed in words
yet and still lips and tongues have always gone together better than nouns and verbs
so sweet kisses
deliberate kisses
that canvas the soul and paint pictures of ecstasy
are always left to the painter's liberties
free me
with those kisses
those sweet kisses
those deliberate kisses
let me taste that freedom

No comments: