Wednesday, August 31, 2011

now ya know

if you're wondering if i'm talking about a person i'm currently dealing with or most recently dealing with, i'm not.


it took me years to figure out my last two relationships so there's just no possible way that i've wrapped my head around current events.  and i don't have a bitter bone in my body.  if i want to talk about my pain, that's just me trying to understand it, not relive it.  i refuse to be confined in my own weakness because some people can only see a black woman as angry.  you know who was an angry black woman? rosa parks.  but me? i'm not angry.  have i felt that emotion before? of course. but it's not the ONLY emotion i've felt.  


i'll tell you this.  i'm happy with my decisions and their names are…let me shut up.  they taught me wonderful things about myself and the world i was living in.  even though they cut deep, it was only a reminded that i am a woman of depth.  and i would rather drown in my own depth than to never be able to grow in my own shallow mind.

No comments: