Tuesday, August 31, 2010

junk food

i'm on a junk food diet.
and that's only because i consume you.
even though you taste so good and you get me thick in places people only dream of, you're going to give me a f.cking
heart attack.
seriously.
your voice glazes over my lips like donuts and you're like milk to an oreo, i melt the minute we touch.
you're like a hot dog with all the toppings, i would inhale you on a city street in a suit and sneakers
you're like skittles, i love you just the same in any flavor
and you're the type of snack that makes me want to lick each of my fingers after i'm done
one by one
reminding my taste buds that the rule about 'everything in moderation' doesn't apply to every damn thing
you're like marshmallows on a camp fire night
i have to squeeze you in between my...
graham crackers
and i swear, i'll keep our secrets like bulimics and toilet bowls
i'll put everything i have into you
hmm
and i stash you away in corners of me too afraid that if anyone saw me ingesting you, they would put me on a diet or realize how good you taste and refuse to save me some of you, whatever's left
and i keep walking back to the kitchen with these swinging thighs, wider hips and craving lips indulging in sweets that line the arteries that all lead directly back to my heart...
you give me a reason to keep living while killing me slowly
i can hear the doctors now, 'we're losing her'
but they don't understand, this is the sweetest way to die

No comments: