Wednesday, August 11, 2010

purple shirt and pink panties

i have a new favorite tee shirt. my brother let me wear it to bed and when i woke up i still loved it. so i brought it back with me.  it makes me want to buy sneakers again like when i was sixteen and my biggest problem was waking up at the crack of dawn to rock a ponytail and smile for my intense Italian cheerleading coach. [that was a run on sentence, now catch your breath]

i'm a lady of extremes, i'm either hot or cold. everything else just leaves me indifferent.  but every once in a while i come across someone that demands i walk on the balance beam that a middle ground provides.  anyway. he's smart. he has a smoldering glaze over his eyes.  he's tall. really tall. and if conversation was a war, i would lay a white towel down so he could lay on top of me and call the act 'surrender.'

it's a level of fragile comfort. a familiar face saying unfamiliar things.  and even years couldn't misplace intentions. so we rock back and forth between nostalgia and possibility, hoping the music never stops.

No comments: