Friday, October 7, 2011

Chess

So I guess since I caught up to day 15, it's time for day 16 which reads: Respond to the poem you posted yesterday with a poem of your own. I'll respond to Netty's poem primarily because it's more realistic for me. (I don't even like poems...)

I couldn't warn of you of his kind
I couldn't leave my footsteps in fresh white snow for you to avoid them
For you to realize that there was no cabin waiting for you with the flickering light from a fireplace to keep you warm
I couldn't tell you that sometimes queens become too powerful for their kings
And have to hide their crowns in their bookshelves or in their pantries
In places he would not look
I couldn't tell you that every man wants a woman on his side without being on the side of the woman
I couldn't tell you how deep it would cut from a man so shallow
I knew though
I knew with every smile, with every phone call, with every casual conversation at the bar
That your glory would end up only a memory and your feelings as words in a diary he would never read
I wanted to tell you
I wanted to cry for you but considering I didn't make love to him, I could not be the one to make excuses for him
It hurts still, some days more than others
Glancing at him from across the room while having a conversation in your head will never give you the answers you need
Seeking closure from a man who was never open will never ease what you feel
You know the other girls are fake but to him it's feels so real
Time will eventually catch up and you will finally see
That just because he was the man by your side, that doesn't mean he was fit for a queen

No comments: