Thursday, October 20, 2011

We found love




Now, I always say I'm going to stop blogging about Rihanna but she is growing and that's what this blog is about!  Which brings me to a bigger point.  I think the people that really understand the message of this post have been in love or in a relationship that changed their whole way of thinking.  That being said, I cannot wait until one of my friends fall in love.  Love is truly indescribable and unique between the two people.  No relationship is the same.  Things that work in one can be fatal to another.  


I think that people that haven't been in love share a certain naivety to its effects.  It's hard to understand something you've never felt.  It's especially hard to give something you've never owned either.  It's almost in the same respect that you won't know how much your mother loves you until you have a child of your own.  I used to be skeptical about these ideas of thought but then I gave birth and realized, even my mother can't comprehend how much I love my own child.  So it's safe to say that experience runs deeper than potential.  Although, we eventually learn that love is supposed to be certain things like the scripture says, "Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  it always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."  Most of us only come to that kind of love after having been through something quite different.  


Scientifically, the brain reacts to being in love the same way it reacts to being high on drugs.  It can very well turn into addiction and it can spur on ridiculous behavior that would have never been considered in a stable and logical state of mind.  Though it's been scientifically proven, it's still damn near impossible to grasp if you haven't felt it.  I think Rihanna's new video is a very artistic and realistic view of how things can spin out of control (sometimes) when you're in love.  Sometimes, you are too deep to see how shallow a situation is.  Sometimes you can't bring yourself out of a certain space with someone.  I think the most important part of the video is the quick monologue in the beginning.  Those feelings happen to people more often than we address.  Sometimes there's such a combination of love and hate or pain and euphoria that you have feelings of guilt, shame and/or embarrassment at your own behavior.  It's a tricky road to be on especially when you're young and you simply don't know any better.


But once you figure out how beautiful love can be when it's healthy, there's usually no turning back.

No comments: