Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Material things

I have this weird thing about me.  I don't get attached to material things, I'm not sure when that started but it's been that way for as long as I can remember.  I am careful not to lose or damage my things but as far as getting attached, I simply don't do it, unless it's my Macbook PRO. I will shed blood over this computer.  However, I always look at people's wedding bands.  Though I know that there's more significance than it just being an inanimate object but I always wonder, will I ever wear a wedding band, not because I'm scared I won't get married but because I don't even wear rings.  More importantly, if my spouse passed, God forbid, would I still wear it?  Despite my distaste for attachment to material things, I'm still a sentimental person.  I still have movie tickets saved and I make creative gifts that are very unique to the person they're intended for.  I just wonder if love will make an inanimate object like a gold wedding band more important than any other tangible item I've ever come across. Hope so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I never got attached to the wedding band. I'm don't really wear rings either, so...

For me, it's merely one of those things almost all people do. Like brides wearing a white dress and a veil. Or the figurines on the wedding cake.

I guess I'm the same, I don't care much for material things, but if something happens to my computer...there will be blood. lol